Sunday, February 7, 2016

Somebody Else

 Somebody Else

When I was with you I thought
You were somebody else,
Someone whose Heart
Is not on the shelf.

I searched in your games,
Up and down your roads
And all that I found
Were stories untold.
Now you think I owe you
But I don't even know you.
And I wish you'd either go
Or let care care to show.

When I was with you I thought
You were somebody else
Someone whose Heart
Is not on the shelf.

I am not your puppet -
Not a thing to be used.
And I'm not needing
To be further abused.
I beg and I plead
To just be set free,
But you badger, harass
And still follow me.

When I was with you I thought
You were somebody else
Someone whose Heart
Is not on the shelf.

I never knew until now
How ignorance is bliss.
Those blinder days
Are the ones I now miss.
When you hid in shadows
Around my lost homes
Letting me think that
I was all alone.

When I was with you I thought
You were somebody else
Someone whose Heart
Is not on the shelf.

This song is about when those who target me and had zoomed in to pretend to be "help."