Wednesday, November 9, 2016

New Version of a Song I Wrote in the 1990s


My Prayer

God, if I have to feel this and can not fully cry,
Send a little Angel down here from the sky.
To give a little comfort. I can't do this alone.
Need Your Love here with me 'til I return Home.

If you can pardon - if you can forgive
What I have become here - how they make me live.
Let Your Light shine on me. I sit here in the dark.
Praying for Your Light now. . .even just a spark.

If I must experience darkness of Earth plain
Cast Your Light upon me so I can feel You again.

Those who try to help me, though some of them care,
These people just don't see all that's hidden there.
Where my soul comes from - the places I have been
Are too misunderstood here, so I cry once again.

I know I'll have to open to the depths of what I feel
But only freedom and Love can truly help me heal.

If I must experience my heart ripped to shreds
Hold me while I feel this. This pain is what I dread.
If I have to pay for the freedoms we have lost
Hold me as I suffer and dearly pay the cost.

If I must experience darkness of earth plain
Cast Your Light upon me 'til I be with You again.



Give us STRENGTH, God...to find our way
through bullets hidden in microwaves, and COURAGE, God...
to make a STAND that saves our lives and FREEs our land.